Job Board Posting Detail
Position summary: The Manager of Product Forecasting will be tasked with developing and maintaining a 12-month unit forecast at the item level and to drive the entire forecast process for 800 forecasted items. Develop models and processes to forecast new business and items. Lead monthly forecast review meetings with sales business team as well as play a key role in the yearly financial budgeting process. Advise sales, marketing and supply planning of variances between existing forecasts, plans and actual. This person will need to work closely with supply planning to ensure a full understanding of short term changes to Corporate forecast.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manager demand planning team consisting of Forecast Analysts and Demand Planners in a continuous improvement manner.
2. Act as process owner for the monthly consensus forecasting process.
3. Build cross-functional consensus for new business and new item forecasts.
4. Evaluate team member performance and counsel on improvement. Set goals for team member development, identify and create developmental opportunities, and serve as a coach/mentor to others.
5. Manage the established forecasting process including using Supply Chain Management principles to comprehend all factors that can influence and affect the forecast and communicate these factors to Sales, Marketing, & Production Planning.
6. Work with Sales/Marketing groups to develop and monitor forecasts on a monthly/seasonal/yearly basis.
7. Continuously identify and develop areas for improvement related to weekly/monthly forecasting process.
8. Perform trend analysis to report inconsistencies with forecasts and actual sales (root cause analysis).
9. Create and maintain performance metrics comparing forecasts to actual sales.
10. Communicate the forecasting plan to all parties and monitors progress on a regular and ad hoc basis.
11. Maintain statistically generated forecasts and related parameters.
12. Develop and implement standards to support new work processes.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Ideal incumbent will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University, 5 years of forecasting experience with strong knowledge of forecasting methodologies such as time series, causal , judgmental and use of forecasting software such as Logility, SAS, SPSS , Forecast Pro, Demantra, JDA and others. Needs excellent pc skills, organizational, time management, math and verbal skill set. Must be self-motivated, organized and possess strong problem solving skills.
Computer Skills / Software
Strong computer skills are required. Individual will be required to have an excellent knowledge of the following software: Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and Forecasting.
For other job postings, view our job board listings